The Loretta Claiborne Building provides space for education, healthcare, and food service professionals in Southeast York. The building was dedicated to York native and Special Olympian Loretta Claiborne in April 2001. In response to community demand, the Crispus Attucks Community Development Department organized the project to provide professional health services in the Southeast York neighborhood. The Loretta Claiborne Building was the first project of the Crispus Attucks Community Development Department.
Quick facts about the Loretta Claiborne Building:
- Broke ground on April 1, 2000
- Dedicated to Loretta Claiborne on April 4, 2001
- Located at 605 South George Street
- More than 200 people work in the building
- Current lessees include Mi Caldero Restaurant, Pennsylvania State University, Hoodner Dental Center, Community Progress Council, and WellSpan Health
- Adjacent parking lots provide free parking for employees and visitors
Click on the links below to learn more about other projects.