August 19, 2013
OFFICE SPACE FOR LEASE
605 South George Street, York, PA
Approximately 4,000 square feet available on the first floor of the Loretta Claiborne Building.
Call 699-4777 for more information.
Early Learning Center Building
The Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center (ELC) serves more than a hundred children from York County. Through a community capital campaign, generous support from York businesses and residents made it possible for the Crispus Attucks Community Development Department to facilitate this project. ELC child care services moved into the new, state of the art building in January 2010. The ELC is located at 50 East Boundary Avenue, across the street from the Crispus Attucks Community Center.
The Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center serves children ages 3 months through 12 years
Quick facts about the ELC building
- Broke ground on October 13, 2008
- Opened on January 19, 2010
- Located at 50 East Boundary Avenue
- Geothermal HVAC system
- Employs a staff of about 25 in the City of York
- Serves 200+ children from York and surrounding communities
- York’s first roof-top playground
- 14 classrooms, including rooms dedicated to music and art education
- 50′ x 50′ multipurpose room for physical activities
- Polycarbonate walls allow light to filter into second floor classrooms
The ELC provides children with a safe, secure learning environment.
The Early Learning Center is located at the corner of Boundary Avenue and South Duke Street
July 14, 2010
The Greenway Tech Centre is located at the corner of West Boundary Avenue and South George Street
The Greenway Tech Centre was the culmination of a 10-year, $20 million revitalization of the southeast York neighborhood by the Crispus Attucks Association supported by grants from State of Pennsylvania, Federal Economic Development Administration, and various foundations interested in promoting Green Building technology. The Centre was formerly a cigar factory, a furniture storage space, and a sewing factory at different points in its history. The office building is a certified Green Building located in southern York City.
Quick facts about the Greenway Tech Centre:
- Opened August 28, 2006
- Located at 540 South George Street
- LEED Silver Certified on December 12, 2008
- About 150 people work in the building
- WellSpan Health is the current lessee
- Adjacent parking lot provides free parking for staff
The Greenway Tech Centre is a certified green building in compliance with LEED standards
July 14, 2010
The Himes Building is located at the corner of South George Street and West Boundary Avenue
The former home of the Himes Motor Company, the renovated Himes building houses the BizTown project of Junior Achievement of South Central PA. The Himes Motor Company was a car dealership in southern York City. The Crispus Attucks Community Development department renovated the building at the request of Junior Achievement.
Quick facts about the Himes Building:
- Reopened September 19, 2002
- Located at 610 South George Street
- Staffed by 5 employees and numerous volunteers
- Houses a mock business community
- Serves 5th & 6th grade students from York County schools
- Junior Achievement of South Central PA owns the property