At our 87th Annual meeting, we honored volunteers who have made significant contributions to Crispus Attucks Association. Frank, Rebecca, Geron and Alan Countess accepted the “Heart of Change” Community Service Award for their many years of dedicated service to our organization and the York community. For more than 25 years, Frank offered assistance with various programs, and participated in Crispus Attucks Board of Directors and Finance Committee.
Frank’s wife, Rebecca, has dedicated time to the Goodridge Freedom Center, and is an active supporter of the programs offered at Crispus Attucks. Geron and Alan, Frank and Rebecca’s children, have helped implement an attendance incentive program for students at the Charter School.
- Community Progress Council – for serving as an on-the-job training site for our Senior Community Service Employment Program and offering employment for five participants.
- Theresa James – for assisting staff and mentoring children in our Rising STARS after-school and summer program.
- George Gard – for assisting our Charter School teachers and students in math and construction technology education.
- Maria Guzman – for volunteering at our Active Living Center and assisting seniors with cooking, cleaning and home improvement projects.
- Terrence Downs – for serving on the Goodridge Freedom Center Committee, and his work with the Underground Railroad Museum, including renovations, presentations, and historic research.