The Greenway Tech Centre was the culmination of a 10-year, $20 million revitalization of the southeast York neighborhood by the Crispus Attucks Association supported by grants from State of Pennsylvania, Federal Economic Development Administration, and various foundations interested in promoting Green Building technology. The Centre was formerly a cigar factory, a furniture storage space, and a sewing factory at different points in its history. The office building is a certified Green Building located in southern York City.
Quick facts about the Greenway Tech Centre:
- Opened August 28, 2006
- Located at 540 South George Street
- LEED Silver Certified on December 12, 2008
- About 150 people work in the building
- WellSpan Health is the current lessee
- Adjacent parking lot provides free parking for staff