We are looking for energetic candidates who have experience managing a child care center.The Director is responsible for overseeing the overall operation of the Early Learning Center and promoting the program’s philosophy to staff and families that every child can succeed.
About Crispus Attucks
Crispus Attucks Association is a nonprofit organization with more than 85 rich years of service in York County. Our mission is to provide education services, human services, community development, and affordable housing that enhance the quality of life for a diverse population.
About Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center
Our nationally and state accredited early education center has served families in York County for more than 75 years. Our special activity spaces, such as our art, music, and indoor/outdoor play areas, help encourage children to be life-long learners. The Director helps guide staff, families, and children to whatever path the child needs to achieve his or her greatness.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5-7 years experience as a Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (preferred) or related field.
- Experience with and a working knowledge of NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children), PA Keystone STARS, Pre-K Counts, and the CACFP Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database software.
- Excellent writing, editing, analytical, and research skills.
- Strong verbal communication.
- Self-motivated, highly organized.
- Current State Police, Child Abuse, and FBI Criminal Background checks required.
To apply, send letter of interest, PA standard application/resume, and a copy of valid clearances. Position requires pre-employment exam, drug test, and PPD (TB) test.