Community Development Director position available for an established and respected not-for-profit in York, PA. Responsible for more than $40 million of urban real estate including housing, commercial development and historic sites. Duties include overseeing maintenance, property management, and business development. Successful grant writing and pro-forma creation skills are essential.
About Crispus Attucks
Crispus Attucks Association is a nonprofit organization with more than 85 rich years of service in York County. Our mission is to provide education services, human services, community development, and affordable housing that enhance the quality of life for a diverse population.
About the Position
The Director shall provide comprehensive oversight and management for all aspects of the multi-million dollar inner-city revitalization project. He/she must exhibit strong organizational skills and have a good accounting and writing background. He/she must have effective management and leadership control. Creative thinking, problem-solving capabilities, and good community relations are essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities include overseeing the Community Development and Housing Departments of the Crispus Attucks Association along with any income-producing developments and public museums and attractions. Grant writing and fundraising to financially support these departments is also a priority.
- Oversee all Crispus Attucks owned property
- Secure commercial tenants
- Prepare budget and monitor all department expenses
- Contract for best electric and gas rates
- Maintain good communication with staff
- Supervise property manager and staff
- Supervise maintenance supervisor and staff
- Supervise staff and operations of the Goodridge Freedom Center and Underground Railroad Museum
- Write grants and secure funding for department
- Coordinate construction projects for Crispus Attucks Charter School
- Represent Crispus Attucks on all real estate related issues
- Writing, reporting, and securing business partners for Neighborhood Partnership Program
- Attend monthly Real Estate Portfolio Management Committee meetings
- Hold monthly Housing meetings
- Report writing and grant management
- Represent the Crispus Attucks Association in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years experience in community development or Master Degree in community development with 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database software; strong computer skills in Excel and Word processing applications
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated, highly organized.
- Hold all state and federal clearances
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Physical requirements: be able to climb 2 flights of stairs, sit for 2 hours at a time, communicate clearly and effectively
Position requires pre-employment exam, drug test, and PPD (TB) test. Will need to get pre-employment test, FBI, Criminal and Child clearances. To apply, send letter of interest & resume to Human Resources Department at 605 S. Duke Street, York, PA 17401.