Crispus Attucks Association is a nonprofit organization with over 85 rich years of service in York County. Our mission is to provide education services, human services, community development, and affordable housing that enhance the quality of life for a diverse population.
Crispus Attucks is accepting applications for an experienced, full-time Grant Writer to identify government, foundation, and corporate grant prospects and develop compelling proposals for new and renewed funding for the Crispus Attucks Association and the Crispus Attucks Charter School. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving lives and a successful track record in grant writing. Salary for this position will be between $35,000-42,500, based on experience.
- Research, identify and qualify potential funding sources (government and private) compatible with the organization’s mission, values and programs.
- Coordinate the development of grant requests by working closely with relevant organization departments to gather necessary information, prepare proposals according to guidelines, and ensure compliance with all follow-up grant reporting.
- Maintain current records in database, including submission deadlines, grant tracking, reporting, proposal files, and supplemental proposal materials.
- Prioritize and manage projects to keep multiple proposals advancing in a timely manner by establishing and communicating timelines outlining tasks, assignments and deadlines required from contributing program staff and leadership.
- Projects include, but are not limited to, implementation of e-Rate Program and Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC), and renewal of funding sources through United Way, Department of Education, Department of Labor, Department of Aging, AmeriCorp, etc.
- Establish and foster positive relations with current and potential grant and foundation donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or related field.
- 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent writing, editing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, deadline-driven, and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and database software is necessary
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of public officials, business people, staff members, and a diverse population
- Send cover letter and resume to Megan Fabie, Development Director, electronically or mail, Attn: Megan Fabie, Crispus Attucks Association, 613 S George St, York PA 17401