We are searching for candidates who have a wide knowledge of instructional best practices and youth mentorship to join our team of dedicated teachers in providing quality services for our youth. Extensive, on-going staff development is provided, as well as excellent administrative support to maintain a safe, academic environment.
About Crispus Attucks
Crispus Attucks Association is a nonprofit organization with more than 85 rich years of service in York County. Our mission is to provide education services, human services, community development, and affordable housing that enhance the quality of life for a diverse population.
About Crispus Attucks Charter School
Since 1995, CACS aims to help each student earn a high school education, develop employability skills, provide skills training and ultimately put them in a position to further their education and secure gainful employment.
Our curriculum is unique in that students spend a week in traditional academic classes and a week on a work site renovating structures for lower income populations. In addition to our support services, CACS guides young adults to build a bright future on the foundation of education.
About the Position
High School Substitute Teacher position available for Crispus Attucks Charter School for school year. Ideal candidates will have a wide knowledge of instructional best practices, servant-leadership, youth development and mentoring. This position grants you the opportunity to use your skills with a diverse group of students to directly support young people’s success and dreams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review and implement regular teacher’s routines, procedures, lesson plans, curriculum objectives, classroom management, and instructional strategies
- Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment; take all reasonable precautions to protect students, facilities, and materials
- Communicate clearly and effectively to students, faculty, and staff
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: Fluent in English and Spanish
- Experience in building creative curriculum
- Experience in instructional planning and development
- Ability to engage multi-cultural students
- Ability to teach and work as a part of a greater school team
- Completion of 12+ hours of higher education in Human Services
- Computer literate, strong verbal and written communication
To apply, send letter of interest, PA standard application, copy of valid PA certification and current Act 48 hours, valid current clearances Acts 34, 151, and 114. Position requires pre-employment exam, drug test, and PPD (TB) test.