We are searching for candidates who have experience engaging multi-cultural students to join our team of dedicated teachers in providing quality services for our youth. Extensive, on-going staff development is provided, as well as excellent administrative support to maintain a safe, academic environment.
About Crispus Attucks
Crispus Attucks Association is a nonprofit organization with more than 85 rich years of service in York County. Our mission is to provide education services, human services, community development, and affordable housing that enhance the quality of life for a diverse population.
About Crispus Attucks Charter School
Affiliated with YouthBuild USA, Crispus Attucks Charter School is a one-year, public, non-profit, non-credit based school that serves students ages 17-21 years in pursuit of a high school diploma.
With class sizes of no more than 15, our students alternate between receiving instruction in major academic subjects, art, and construction technology one week, and receiving hands-on construction experience rehabilitating low income housing structures the second week. Special Education students receive instruction in the regular subject classrooms and receive support services from the Special Education teacher. All students participate in transition activities.
About the Position
We are looking for a Bilingual Assistant Teacher to work with high school students for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year. Satisfactory performance will result in continuing employment for next school year.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet students in their language to establish and maintain a welcoming school environment
- Translate classroom materials and teacher talk into Spanish
- Assist and support students with classroom work
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of successful college coursework
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to community fluently in Spanish
- Ability to engage multi-cultural students
- Ability to teach and work as a part of a greater school team
- Computer literate, strong verbal and written communication
To apply, send letter of interest, PA standard application, copy of valid PA certification and current Act 48 hours, valid current clearances Acts 34, 151, and 114. Position requires pre-employment exam, drug test, and PPD (TB) test.