We are searching for candidates who will encourage students to work with each other and share responsibilities of good citizenship, remind students they are responsible for their own actions, and implement disciplinary actions for students whoviolate school guidelines/rules. This includes on the way to and from school and sponsored activities.
About Crispus Attucks
Crispus Attucks Association is a nonprofit organization with more than 85 rich years of service in York County. Our mission is to provide education services, human services, community development, and affordable housing that enhance the quality of life for a diverse population.
About Crispus Attucks Charter School
Since 1995, CACS aims to help each student earn a high school education, develop employability skills, provide skills training and ultimately put them in a position to further their education and secure gainful employment.
Our curriculum is unique in that students spend a week in traditional academic classes and a week on a work site renovating structures for lower income populations. In addition to our support services, CACS guides young adults to build a bright future on the foundation of education.
About the Position
The In School Suspension Monitor for Crispus Attucks Charter School should have a wide knowledge of instructional best practices, servant-leadership, youth development and mentoring.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor internal suspension room
- Organize discipline files
- Collect class work for students from teachers and return once completed
- Assist teachers in classrooms regarding discipline issues
- Monitor hallways, detention, and in school students detail after lunch
- Issue infractions when needed
- Drive students to and from internships
- Other duties as designated by supervisor or CEO
- Classroom management
- Conducts and participates in work shop, committees, and conferences designed to promote the intellectual, social, and physical welfare of students
- Confer with members of education committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas and to relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs and occupational areas
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates Degree
- Experience working with young adults
- Knowledge of best practices in curriculum instruction and discipline assessment
- Must have the ability to effectively solve problems in a professional manner
- Must have deep respect for the ideas and intelligence of young adults
To apply, send letter of interest, PA standard application, copy of valid PA certification and current Act 48 hours, valid current clearances Acts 34, 151, and 114. Position requires pre-employment exam, drug test, and PPD (TB) test.
Job Type: Full-time