We are looking for candidates who have high energy and are dedicated to providing encouragement to children as they grow and learn. Group Leader / Lead Teachers are responsible for creating and implementing lesson plans, maintaining a structured environment, and overall providing excellent care to our children and their families.
About Crispus Attucks
Crispus Attucks Association is a nonprofit organization with more than 85 rich years of service in York County. Our mission is to provide education services, human services, community development, and affordable housing that enhance the quality of life for a diverse population.
About Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center
Our nationally and state accredited early education center has served families in York County for more than 75 years. We guide staff, families, and children to whatever path the child needs to achieve his or her greatness. Our special activity spaces, like our art, music, indoor/outdoor play areas, help encourage children to be life-long learners.
About the Position
Crispus Attucks Association is accepting applications for a full time Group Leader / Lead Teacher for the Early Learning Center. In addition to leading a classroom and creating educational lesson plans, this position is also responsible for transporting children to local York City schools. Employment benefits will be offered after successful 90-day orientation. Hourly rate of pay is based on budget for the year.
Qualifications and Skills
– To be considered for this position, one of the following four educational qualification levels is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field OR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college including 30 credit hours in the above fields, and 1 year of experience with children OR
- Associate’s degree in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or the human services field, and 2 years of experience with children OR
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college including 30 credit hours in the above fields, and 3 years of experience with children.
– Must have a current PA drivers license.
– Must pass required PA State Police Criminal History Clearance, PA Child Abuse History Certification, FBI Criminal Background Check.
– Experience working in a NAEYC Accredited Center and/or familiarity with Keystone STARS Program is a plus.
To apply, send letter of interest, PA standard application/resume, and a copy of valid clearances. Position requires pre-employment exam, drug test, and PPD (TB) test.
Job Type: Full-time