Salary: $10.00 /hour
Crispus Attucks is hiring a Senior Summer Camp Counselor. The temporary, part-time position is for 25 hours per week for six weeks starting in June until August.
About Crispus Attucks
Crispus Attucks Association is a nonprofit organization with more than 85 rich years of service in York County. Our mission is to provide education services, human services, community development, and affordable housing that enhance the quality of life for a diverse population.
About Rising STARS Summer Camp
The Crispus Attucks Rising STARS (Striving To Achieve Remarkable Success) Youth and Family Program provides many after-school and summer educational, recreational, and social responsibility opportunities for youth ages 5 to 18 years old.
The Summer Camp is a six-week day program designed to give children in York a safe, fun and enlightening summer. The majority of campers come from the surrounding neighborhoods where the need is great for positive activities and youth mentoring. Throughout the day, this program keeps them off the streets, engaged in books, games, sports and relevant life skills workshops.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain schedules for campers and monitor the program activities
- Carry out the instructions of the program manager
- Provide reports to the program manager as needed
- Participate in hands-on activities with children
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have ability to work with children and have experience with supervision of young people
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a HS Diploma
- Must have a criminal background check, child clearance and FBI clearances.
To apply, send letter of interest, resume, and a copy of required clearances. Position requires pre-employment physical test, drug test, and PPD (TB) test.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary