Crispus Attucks Interns Make a Difference
You can make great change happen with your skills and knowledge. Take the opportunity to put your classwork into application and better the community in the process by working as a CA Intern. Our interns have unique opportunities to build their experience in a valuable way. But don’t take our word for it- meet our current interns and hear from past interns, too. See what they have to say about their meaningful time with us.
Available Summer Internship Opportunities
Marketing and PR Intern
This internship gives you the opportunity to work with a local not-for-profit organization in the planning and implementation of an Underground Railroad Museum and educational center, Goodridge Freedom Center. This internship’s activities also promote Crispus Attucks’ historical influence in the community. Position includes many aspects of Marketing, PR, and Communications; such as crafting the correct message for a target audience, writing internal/external communications, press releases, ad design, event management, and other business development activities.
The intern would start work a minimum of ten hours/week; this is an unpaid internship. Our internship is a unique opportunity to work on valuable, real-world projects. The experience you will gain serves as useful leverage toward starting your career and helps better our community as well.
- Attend monthly planning meetings and provide progress reports
- Attend First Friday events
- Assist in ad design for all print media
- Write press releases and coordinate with media
- Work with committees to promote individual events
- Recruit volunteers for event
- Promote partnerships with local and regional businesses
- Archive historically significant artifacts according to system guidelines
- Assist in the grant writing process
- Perform other activities as appropriate.
- At least Sophomore/Second Year academic standing
- Creative approaches to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Interest/experience in the general areas of public relations
- Ability to multi-task, strong organizational, writing, and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Preferred Skills: Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) basic Web tools, Hootsuite and WordPress
Send cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com or mail to 613 S George St, York, PA 17401.
*Please note, all volunteers who will be in direct contact with children must pass PA Child Abuse History Certification, PA State Volunteer Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Background Check and PPD (TB) test.