“The children of today will be the leaders of tomorrow.”
The Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center has been developing leaders for the York community for more than 75 years. Some examples are: Dr. Julia Hines-Harris, Mattie Chapman, football great Woody Bennett, and many, many others. Early intervention, along with quality programs and a genuine love for children are some of the many ingredients in developing a child’s mind. We partner with our Early Learning Center parents to provide a caring and nurturing environment for our young people.
What makes Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center the best place for your child:
A Caring Reputation
- licensed by Pennsylvania Department of Human Services – providing quality childcare since 1937
- currently serves more than 200 children, ages 3 months – 12 years
Extraordinarily High Standards
- one of only eight NAEYC Accredited centers in York County (National Association for the Education of Young Children)
- has the highest 4-STAR Rating in the Keystone STARS Program – exceeds state health and safety licensing requirements
- has 10 teachers with higher education degrees: 2 Masters, 4 Bachelors, 4 Associates
- has 3 teachers with a Child Development Associate Credential and 10 working towards this credential
- teachers continually exceed state requirements for number of training hours per year
- classrooms scored higher than the state average when rated by an Early Childhood Consultant using a National Environmental Rating System
Focused on Learning
- new building designed to foster learning with a rooftop playground, dedicated art and music rooms, multi-purpose room, and two infant, two toddler, four preschool, and three after school classrooms; the building opened in January 2010
- actively involved in the school readiness initiative with Focus on Our Future and the York City School District to prepare children for kindergarten and a lifetime of learning
- completes developmental assessments three times per year using the Ounce Scale for Infants and Toddlers and Work Sampling for preschool students
- employs a Certified Art Teacher who plans creative and challenging, interactive lessons
- partners with the Weary Arts Group to provide music and arts education as part of the daily curriculum, which boosts young brains, improves academic achievement, enhances creativity, and improves memory, language, reading, critical thinking skills and more!
Flexibility For Your Family
- multiple payments options: Subsidy from Child Care Consultants, TANF, and/or Private-pay
- offers a Pre-K Counts classroom for 20 students from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., which includes a nutritious and balanced lunch
- provides before & after-school care and transportation
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our Early Learning Center, please contact 717-718-9620.
The Crispus Attucks Association is a United Way of York County Partner Agency. The Early Learning Center Program receives funding from the United Way of York County.