“The children of today will be the leaders of tomorrow.”
The Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center has been developing leaders for the York
community for the more than 75 years. Some examples are: Dr. Julia Hines-Harris, Mattie Chapman, football great Woody Bennett, and many, many others. Early intervention, along with quality programs and a genuine love for children are some of the many ingredients in developing a child’s mind. We partner with our Early Learning Center parents to provide a caring and nurturing environment for our young people.
The Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center accepts applications for child care for ages 3 months to 12 years throughout the year. Currently we have openings for 3, 4, and 5 year olds. We accept children receiving subsidized payment as well as private pay clients. The Early Learning Center is located at 50 East Boundary Avenue, York. Call Camille Sipe at (717) 718-9620 for more information.
What makes Crispus Attucks Early Learning Center the best place for your child:
A Caring Reputation
- is licensed by Pennsylvania Department of Welfare – providing quality childcare since 1937
- currently serves more than 200 children, ages 3 months – 12 years
Extraordinarily High Standards
- one of only nine NAEYC Accredited centers in York County (National Association for the Education of Young Children)
- has the highest 4-STAR Rating in the Keystone STARS Program – exceeds state health and safety licensing requirements
- has 15 teachers with higher education degrees: 2 Masters, 8 Bachelors, 5 Associates graduates
- teachers continually exceed state requirements for number of training hours per year
- classrooms scored higher than the state average when rated by an Early Childhood Consultant using a National Environmental Rating System
Focused on Learning
- new building designed to foster learning with a rooftop playground, dedicated art and music rooms, multi-purpose room, and two infant, two toddler, four preschool, and three after school classrooms; the building opened in January 2010
- actively involved in the school readiness initiative with Focus on Our Future and the York City School District to prepare children for kindergarten and a lifetime of learning
- completes developmental assessments three times per year using the Ounce Scale for Infants and Toddlers and Work Sampling for preschool students
- employs a Certified Art Teacher
Flexibility For Your Family
- multiple payments options: Subsidy from Child Care Consultants, TANF, and/or Private-pay
- offers a Pre-K Counts classroom for 20 students from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., which includes lunch and a snack
- provides before & after-school care and transportation
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our Early Learning Center, please contact Portia Newman 717-718-9620.